Friday, March 23, 2018

Interview # 45: Traffic Cone of EVIL!!

So, on my way to this interview... It was the day after a terrible snow storm, and I was going to be there in five minutes.. when I had to dodge this evil traffic cone! It was in the middle of the road, I assume due to the snow storm. I was so distracted about dodging the cone, that I didn't realize I had just passed a red light. I immediately stopped after I was in the clear.. I hope I didn't get a ticket! I took pictures just in case.
The traffic light is shortly after, and on a 40 MPH road!

I got this interview through networking, so this is my first networking interview. As one of the ladies I work with, is friends with a woman who owns a printing company. They're always looking for Graphic Designers.

On the interview, I was actually disappointed in how boring the office looked.. I was surprised that they were graphic designers, since it's just an ugly looking inside, and an ugly company logo. But then again, I'm more about the pizazz!

I had to fill out a form, which took some time, and had some really pointed questions towards people being fired. Like "If you were terminated, why?" "If you left due to mutual agreement with your previous employer, why?" which I didn't understand what that meant, did it mean they understood you were leaving, or what..Some of them were really strange questions.

I was sat down with my co-worker's friend, and her husband. Her friend is very nice, as she had mentioned. I didn't really get to answer many questions, and it was more the husband, who interviewed me. They both kind of just skimmed through my portfolio, and skipped some categories (as I label sections in my portfolio, such as abstract, and drawings... etc.). But at least they were nice, unlike someone from a Previous Graphic Design Interview.
They did give me tips on what I should do for my next interview, which made it sound like they didn't like me at all. But I felt like he was trying not to laugh, or something of the sort. I think they really hated my work, they understood that I didn't have work experience in Graphic Design.. but I really don't think they took it well.
For a moment, the husband asked me some customer service questions out of the blue. I said that you have to put on a smile, and give your best customer service attitude.
They gave me some tips, and then I was on my way.

Normally, I'm ready to answer a million questions, but because it was different this time, and it was mostly about graphic design, I was put off guard. I feel the interview didn't go too well. But this is also why I don't apply for Graphic Design jobs anymore,  I don't have the experience, so no one wants to try me out in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment