Thursday, March 15, 2018

Interview # 42 Planogramming your life!

So I probably got a traffic light ticket, on my way to this job.... So If I don't get it, I should sue! :P jk

 I was interviewed by a girl that was like my age (whom I later found on Linkedin, and maybe they'll add me one day!).

The company was a graphic design company, that creates planograms for stores like Walmart. She asked me why I was leaving, I said I wanted to leave retail, and go to the private sector. (I got the idea from the Golden Girls episode, where they help one of the characters get a job, and they mention the private sector. Which is basically a non government job)
The girl said that, 26,000-30,000 was the salary depending on experience and that there's room to grow. Which in english, is about 14-16 an hour. (I hate when people use what you make in a year, I need to know how much I'm making a week, and a month because my bills are MONTHLY.) For questions, I asked the following.

 • What is it like to work there.
• What is your favorite thing about the position.
• Who would I report to. People get weird with this last question, so now I say, would I report to you, or someone else?

She liked that I had graphic design experience and experience with Zebra systems, which are scan guns, and printers used at my store! She said everyone there is nice and I said it's always good when everyone gets along. I told her to let me know if I get the position either way, she could even email me. I don't think I got the job, since it's been about two weeks. Then I always tell them at the end, if I were to describe myself in three adjectives, it would be creative, energetic and optimistic. At the end I told her that I was shy, but I open up to people once I get to know them. This way if I seemed tense, it would help. I think it went well.

 Lesson Learned: Even if you leave 40 minutes earlier, there could still be many slow pokes on the road, causing you to run a red light and get a ticket for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment