Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Interview # 10: There's something fishy going on here....

My 10th interview was for a graphic design internship. It was a company called Fish__bat (or Fishcrap as I like to call it, I put the indent so search engines don't pick it up. I don't really want to advertise them. THEY SUCK! Whoops... eh.. I didn't say that..?)

To get to this place, I went on a bus I had never went on before and I thought it was a nice experience getting used to a new bus route.
When I got there, I was honestly a bit.... uncomfortable... the whole place was blue and filled with fish floating everywhere... I am not the biggest fan of fish.. but in an edible kind of way.
I went to the bathroom, cause I had to go.. I actually got to see what the place was like. As appalling as the place was, I actually started to like it. When I was interviewed, I thought it was a nice interview. I was interviewed by one of the bosses of the place, and he mentioned a picture I had taken of a fish and he named what it was right away. I was like "Oh, cool..", but I honestly didn't give a crap. XD
The other boss actually said he hoped I get the position! He really liked my drawings.

After the interview, I never heard from them again. A month later and I emailed them asking them if they had made a decision or not,  in which they came up with an excuse saying I would be better suitable for a different company. I actually noticed that they posted an ad on craigslist every other day; it is September and this is still going on! They have been posting ads since JANUARY 2012 AND FOR SOME REASON THEY ARE STILL POSTING 8 MONTHS LATER?! WHAT THE FETCH? There is obviously something fishy going on with these people.
So, I went on craigslist and I made an ad saying what a load of horse manure they were with so many puns.. you could call it punny.. I did have some help with my friends though! If you'd like to see the ad, just check it on my forum post here.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Hotspots_Journal/topic/9698036/1/?x=0#post8366291

Lesson Learned: Sometimes the atmosphere may be appalling, but they can also grow on you.
Some companies also like to post job ads for more than a month, these kinds of jobs you may want to watch out for. As it shows they don't know what they're doing, they can't seem to make up their minds as they haven't hired anyone. Or they're just a scam and pulling everyone's leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment