Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Interview # 9: I like trains

My 9th interview was basically a nightmare... but not the worst interview I've been on... at least not in certain ways. It was a finger imaging position, where you take pictures of clients, and get their fingerprints.

The interview I went on was nice, it was in the same building as my volunteer job I obtained in October. I would have worked in the same building, but for money and in a different part of the building.
The interviewer was a total FLAKE!  She did not seem to know what she was doing and would make no sense at times, where I would just shake my head and go yes. It was not just me, everyone including my supervisor even thought there was a screw loose. This woman was not very clear as to what she was doing, she would also contradict herself.
Although I passed the interview, I had to go to a 6 hour training in none other than New York City. They only had Four people going and wanted two more people... I was able to get my non employed mother to come with me. I had also asked a friend and neighbor, but they declined for their own specific reasons.
I was a bit surprised though, that despite my mother's horrible sense of direction... we were able to get there after we were in the city, of all places for her not to get lost!
When we got there, it was a nice small room in a big building. I was honestly uncomfortable, as I am not a city person and I have a fear of getting lost (Which contradicts my love for adventure.).
We were put into a room and we had a presentation, the (Flaky) lady I had an interview with mentioned that  we could talk to her about anything, like your friends, family etc....
We then were given crappy pens that died quickly, as it happened to someone else there. After the first part of the interview, we were split into groups of three and put in another room with the work equipment. We tried out the equipment and got familiar with the job, which was a fun experience and I probably learned more at this part than any other part of the meeting.
We went back to the presentation room and we were given a review, we went over all of the things about the job and  all of that mumbo jumbo.... one guy fell asleep. lol.
The flaky lady told us more about the job and contradicted herself... as earlier she said she wouldn't mind if you talk to her about friend, family etc... This time, she said she doesn't care about your personal life, she doesn't want to hear about family or friends.. blah blah blah...
Something was seriously wrong with this woman, she said one thing and then said another later... it was like "What the fetch?!"
After that, it was time for lunch. Me and my mother went to this pizzeria, and I swear, I saw all of these people that looked like people I knew before. IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING!
After lunch... we went back and we had to take a test! By this time, I was actually turned off by this job and I didn't really want it anymore and neither did my mother. I breezed through the test... I thought I did well.. but I ended up getting 12 out of 40 wrong. I FAILED "wah wah wah"
My mother also failed with an 8 wrong out of 40 and she was so upset that she failed... I never knew she was a little miss perfect.. XD
I'll assume that the guy WHO FELL ASLEEP somehow passed.
The flaky lady took everyone out of the room except for me and my mother and closed the door! She said that we both failed and she mentioned that they were going to look for more candidates in March and we were allowed to apply for. But me and my mother did not like this job, they made something so simple so absolutely ridiculous! The train ride home was so tiring and it just felt like a waste of time; the only good thing is that it was a paid training... so we got money. But we spent so much money to get there (We went mostly by train) That most of the money we got from the training was gone! We used it all up just to get home.

Me and my mother talked about how happy we were not getting that crazy job, because it wouldn't have been fun.
The cool thing though, was that I got to see the lady that I had in my group at my volunteer job... since it was in the same building! She was a nice lady, so it was cool to see her again. When we had the group project, I think she was very good at it, so I gave her a little rep boost and told my supervisor I thought she was excellent at the job.

Lesson Learned: Sometimes the interviewer doesn't know what they're doing, they may confuse you and may not get their message across properly or clearly.
Jobs may also be different than you imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment