Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Interview # 46 : I will make you wait!

Interview 46, was for a Doctors office. This is the second time I went to a doctors office interview, and also the second time they made me wait for at least 20-30 minutes!

So the funny thing is, the gps told me the place was one way.. but it ended up being farther down the road. I got to the place, but I didn't know that there were two different doctor companies in it. So One door said something like "For the doctors office, go <-", so I go to the other door, and I ask for the lady I talked to on the phone. They were like, there is no one here with that name! I was like oh no!!! (In a Joseph Joestar voice)
They told me that maybe I was looking for the other office, which is unrelated to them. I was like thank you. etc..

I get to the right building, and they had me wait for a while.. which I thought was weird.. I was supposed to be there at 12pm, I got there at 11:50. I waited until about 12:23. I got out at around 12:40.

I believe I did good, I remembered everything I was going to say, FOR ONCE... I also made some small talk about how it’s always good when everyone gets along...

She told me a little about the company, after I told her what year the business started.
It looks to me like all you have to do, is remember one or two things about a company, and they figure you did your research, even if you didn't really.

She asked if I had any questions, I told her the ones I always ask. Usually I forget one or two of them, but I remember them without a problem this time.
• What's it like to work here.
• Who would I report to.
• What is your favorite thing about the place. - She told me that she's been there for 15 years, and that she started part time too (This is a part time position I went for) She said that many people advance and get promoted from within.

 After I had asked my three questions I always ask, she asked if I had more questions. I said, what is the competitive scene like, who am I against and how would I prove that I am the right choice...this really got her, she had to think about it. She said that she likes to look at people who don’t have experience, to give them experience, but at the same time she looks at people with experience. She said that she’s interviewing for two more weeks and I asked her to let me know either way, she said her kids are looking for jobs and they tell her how these companies don’t get back to them, and so she definitely will. Since it's part time, I told her I was thinking about going to medical school (which was a lie, but I said I’m thinking about it, not doing it). Although I have thought about going back to school for something art, or tech related. But I can't afford it at this point in time.

Lesson Learned: As long as you know one or two things about the company, they seem to just assume you did your research, and won't ask you a million things on what you know, or don't know about the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment