Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Interview #21: You... you... have a PUMA?!?! Can I pet it!?!?! Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaase!!!

The next interview I went for was for a receptionist, but they also liked me because of my Graphic Design experience. It was a job where I would have gotten to do more than one kind of work, like clerical and graphic design.
The place was a social media marketing company.
I got there right on time, but I had a bit of trouble as to which was the right entrance... as it was a square building with like 5 companies and 5 doors. I actually did not know anything about this company as the woman who left a message on my phone talked very lightly, and I could not hear anything but the address and town..
When I got to the building, it looked very nice... and I was seated a few minutes after I filled out an application.
When I got into the interview room, I presented myself well and I think I did well.
A few notable things were.... I didn't know about the company and out of all the companies that didn't ask me what the company was about, this was not one of them... they did ask me about it. So, I told them that I knew a little, but I was eager to learn more about it. They explained that it was an internet marketing company and they went into detail what it was all about.
They also mentioned that one of their workers had a puma that they take to the vet every two weeks, for whatever reason... it stays at their job once or twice a month.
I told this to some of my friends, I told my friend Donna... who thought it was cool.
Some of the ladies at work wasn't sure if I said Puma and wanted to make sure because of how bizarre it is for anyone to have a puma... we were all laughing, and one of the ladies said that maybe it should be a pass if they have a puma.
After the interview, the guy that interviewed me told me that he hoped I get a job soon, if not this one... because I have a "Kind" air to me. Which I think was nice to say; they also said they had about 40 other people to interview! 

Although they said they'd call me whether or not I got the job, they never called.


Lesson Learned: Some jobs are awesome, you can really like the place and the people can really like you. But don't forget, the interviewers probably have lot's of more candidates to interview. It's a very tough battle that not everyone will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment